Wednesday, April 27, 2016

THE END OR JUST THE BEGINNING !!!







Thank You, Dr. Steiling for a great semester.  I have learned so much from your class.  I have always liked Horror, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi and therefore I read books, watched many movies, but never realized the different genres that are involved with them.                                                                                           

I have learned that Science Fiction is part of Speculative Fiction which is made up of space travel, futuristic science, supernatural, technology, parallel universes, and time travel.  I never knew that Frankenstein by Mary Shelley was the very first horror novel until now.  I have two favorite genres.  The first is Space Opera & New Frontier which consists of such books as The Stars My Destiny & Star Wars Heir To The Empire and movies such as Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy.  My second favorite genre is Spiritual Education with books like Harry Potter and The Magicians.  Unfortunately, my least favorite is Diverse Position with the story Bloodchild.  I found this type of writing to be disturbing and it just wasn't to my liking.

I found the Parody & Satire section where I got to listen to actual radio broadcasts about views of the future as a satire of the present was very funny and unique.  The writers were real visionaries of the future.  Some of the things that they were talking about have already come true and others are still in the development stage.  During my free time, I am planning to listen to this again and I will continue to read and watch movies related to Fantasy and Science Fiction.  I now have a better appreciation for Sci-Fi and will continue to discover this fascinating world!!


No comments:

Post a Comment